Single T-shirt Pillows
November 17th, 2016
By Andrea Funk
There are many situations in which a T-shirt pillow made out of one T-shirt would be beneficial. Some of those situations are unique and some are more common than you might think. There are two typical situations where we would recommend this type of pillow: celebrating one T-shirt vs. one odd T-shirt out.
Celebration of one T-shirt!
- When you have a very special T-shirt that you want to highlight, a T-shirt pillow might be the perfect direction to go. For example, a special dance recital T-shirt that is your daughter’s piece de resistance. Take that one T-shirt and have it made into a pillow to celebrate!
- Are you a military family who has someone you love overseas on deployment? Take a single T-shirt of your loved one and make a pillow out of it so you can snuggle until they are home safe and sound.
- Gift for a coach. Example – your daughter’s swimming team won the state meet. Purchase an extra T-shirt from the event and have all the girls sign the T-shirt. Then have the T-shirt made into a pillow for the coach.
- Family gift – I found the chicken T-shirt at Goodwill when I was searching for other T-shirts. I loved the T-shirt, but didn’t really have a reason to buy it. My husband saw me looking at it and said, “That’s my mom.” Light bulb moment – make it into a pillow for Christmas. It was a hit!
- What event could you see celebrating with a single T-shirt pillow? Let me know and I will add it here!
To learn more about having a pillow made from your T-shirts check out the learning center.
It's a great place to start your research into having a pillow made.
That One Odd T-shirt
- Color Scheme If we are making you a T-shirt quilt and all your T-shirts are green, black, white and gray, except for one hot pink T-shirt, we would suggest in this situation to pull that one T-shirt out of the quilt. If it’s important, then you could have a pillow made out of that one T-shirt.
- Thematic Topic – all of your T-shirts are running and marathon T-shirts and you have one random concert T-shirt from a Taylor Swift show you went to forever ago. Do you really want that one T-shirt which is so different from your other shirts in your quilt? Think long down the road because your T-shirt quilt is going to be around for a long time. We would recommend pulling this Taylor Swift T-shirt out and making a pillow out of it.
Planning a Single T-shirt Pillow
There isn't much to planning for a One T-shirt pillow. You simply pick your favorite T-shirt and have it made. If you have an odd T-shirt out situation, talk to your T-shirt quilt expert about if you should include it in the quilt or leave it out and have a pillow made. Read more about having a T-shirt pillow here.
Here are other photos of single T-shirt pillows.
Andrea Funk is the inventor of T-shirt quilts made with multiple blocks sizes. The modern method of making T-shirt quilts. In 1992 she founded Too Cool T-shirt Quilts. Her life has been immersed in T-shirt quilts ever since.