- Have Questions?
Too Cool T-shirt Quilts does make pillows from T-shirts. But not just any old T-shirt pillows – we are making pillows that are too cool.
When we began to consider making pillows, we first experimented with turning T-shirts and clothing into pillows. We began, we approached the problem with a number of criteria that we need to meet. These included:
- Must be able to use multiple T-shirts
- Must be quilted
- The pillow form mustbe removable
- The pillow form must not show
- There needed to be no zipper or buttons involved
- Must be washable
- Must be durable
- And must be in the Too Cool T-shirt Quilts style
After many attempts, we have developed a pillow that met all of the above criteria.
T-shirt pillows are great if you don’t have enough T-shirts for a T-shirt quilt or if you have more T-shirts than you need for the size quilt you want. We also think that T-shirt pillows will make great gifts because they are less expensive than quilts and require fewer T-shirts. Think coaches, teachers and friends. Here's the basic information about pillows.
- 1 to 10 T-shirts. The actual number of T-shirts needed will depend on the design(s) on the T-shirts.
- Size 24" x 24". We selected this size because it is large enough to let us use a numbers of T-shirts.
- Fully quilted like our T-shirts quilts. We felt it very important that our pillows match our quilts.
To learn more about the different types, styles and qualities of T-shirts, download our T-shirt Quilt Buyer’s Guide.
It’s a great place to begin your journey to finding a quilt maker.
Memorial Clothing Pillows
Our memorial pillow transforms your loved one's clothing into a pillow that will bring comfort. You can also have this type of pillow made with your own clothing.
- 6 washable clothing items. If the items are not washable, then you will need to dry clean the pillow.
- Size 24" x 24".
- Fully quilted like our T-shirts quilts
The pricing of a pillow is much less than for one of our quilts because there are a number of steps that we don't have to do for a pillow that we do have to do for a quilt. For example, we don't have to do a three different steps in the layout and design that we do for a quilt.
We also don't have to add backing fabric into the pricing of a pillow because we are able to long-arm quilt a pillow at the bottom of another quilt. Since you don't see the inside of the pillow, the backing color we use does not matter.
Here are some photos of our pillows.